Friday, October 13, 2017

Chasm Interrupted..Pastel..Texas Artist..Rae Andrews





I am on a roll with these abstracts now, hope you are not sick of them.
This one was a challenge..

As you will see from the step by step page below, it began as a full sheet of Sennelier paper on which I had done a quick demo for an art group years ago. 

 I am going through all my old filed paintings and reconstructing them. I hate to waste this wonderful substrate.

So...  I first turned the old demo upside down before deciding to cut the paper in half vertically.

I find if I view an old image upside down first it changes my perspective on that piece, and I begin to see possibilities for another painting.

This one, as with my previous posts, changed a great deal throughout the process of painting it. I could easily have gone with a horizontal format, but in the end, decided on this vertical.
I am constantly rotating the work as I paint.

This image is 10" x 25.5" unframed
$350 plus S/H


Prints of this image are also available through Fine Art America:
https://fineartamerica.com/featured/chasm-interrupted-rae-andrews.html?newartwork=true



See below for the thought process behind this pastel painting..

Thanks for visiting..









Rae works and teaches in all mediums.. please contact her through her website at:

                                                         http://raeandrews.com


No comments:

Post a Comment